In honor of St. Patrick's day, I would like to share a green screen idea that was originally created for a kindergarten class, but the concept could be used at any grade level with any wild topic imaginable! First, I will walk you through the directions and then I will share some examples from various classes.
If I Caught a Leprechaun... Green Screen Idea in 5 steps:
For any of you trying green screen with your students, here's a St. Patrick's Day idea to try.
- Find a background image and a leprechaun image with a transparent background OR grab images from this St. Patrick's Day Google Photo album
- Prepare the images in Do Ink Green Screen app as follows:
- Setup your your green screen and position the location of your iPad accordingly:
- When student is in the picture, move the leprechaun before taking the picture:
- Air drop the image to a student iPad so they can record their voice in Seesaw
Once the image is in Seesaw, students can record themselves completing the sentence "If I caught a leprechaun..."
A special thanks to Alicia Walpole at Guadalupe for collaborating with me on this idea! We were able to get through her whole class in less than an hour.